Sunday, February 9, 2014







Im pretty much going to sum up my life into a few small paragraphs... I'm 22 years old, female, I graduated High School but I did not graduate college..I only went for 6 weeks. Ha. I had a pretty good life growing up I have one sibling, a brother he is 25. I grew up in a very strong christian house hold...I went to church every Wednesday and Sunday i was very involved. Participating in musicals and sports activities etc, as a child. Very involved in my youth group threw out Middle School and High School. In school I definitely I wasn't one of the "Popular" kids but I was known and I was also "Cool" with the popluar group, I had friends in all "Groups." The whole education part of school was a different story...I went to summer school several times and also had to go to night school to even get my high school diploma...

Ok lets fast forward to a few years after highschool....

My mom got sick. She was diagnosed with Colon and Ovarian cancer. I was devastated...out of all people I never thought that she would have Cancer. Its such a horrible thing. So as time goes on about a year of chemotherapy and she is cancer free. I have never felt so much joy in my life she is such a strong women for beating it! Our family was relieved.
 

A year and a half goes by...and June of 2013 I find out some horrible news...turns out her cancer never actually went away...it was still there..How could this happen?? Again?? But how?? So many questions ran threw my mind. As they get some test results it my family finds out that she has metastatic colon cancer. Metastatic is microscopic tumors. And there is also no cure. We do some research on options and ideas and we want to get more than one opinion on what to do. We get her in to the Mayo clinic in Minnesota, one of the best cancer hospitals in the U.S. They have nothing they can do for her, no surgery's can be done...nothing. Chemotherapy is her only option and eventually the cancer will become amune to it and stop working. At this point we don't know what to do but pray that God blesses us with and heals her. Which I believe he will. 


Then we get to now, still struggling ever day with my Mother having terminal cancer. If I could only explain to you how I feel inside and what I go threw on a daily basis the thoughts that run threw my head 24/7. Im just taking it day by day.



Until Next Time.


BlankJay

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so much power in a short essay! I really hope that your mom gets better and just remember that whatever happens, keep trusting in God! My nana had brain cancer and she died from it. It's not easy when somone is sick. Some times miracles come in different sizes. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete